Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

B-Movie Reviews

Posted by CliffStamp 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: B-Movie Reviews
May 29, 2021 12:25PM
Ryan Nafe
Just watched "Romper Stomper":

[m.imdb.com]

It has a very surreal and somewhat apocalyptic visual tone; the costumes, buildings, cars, makeup, etc. gave me a very surreal, almost creepy/nightmarish feeling. Though perhaps that's just what 1990's Melbourne does to me, who knows?

I enjoyed the characters, which were believable and realistic, they just seemed like a standard bunch of wayward people who carry around a tremendous amount of hatred for a perceived enemy. Russel Crowe, I thought, was actually quite good in this. His appearance and outward emotional projection throughout the film seemed to fit his character very well.

I enjoyed the dark and cynical story. It was interesting and believable because it lacked any obvious heroes or villains, and instead portrayed simply a dark and psychopathic man who leads other dark and broken people down a path that leads to a remarkably bleak ending. I often enjoy movies that have no happy endings because it's much more realistic to me. This is certainly not some kind of fairytale.

In short, I'd give it a solid Pass. Not quite a Pass +, but a decent movie for sure.

Nice breakdown. I liked this movie quite a bit.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
May 29, 2021 04:58PM
I will look into those shows Chum. Also strange about the monitoring and posting thing.
May 30, 2021 02:51AM
Sorry Chum, the system held up your message. I just approved it so if there is any duplication that is why.

I am watching Invincible right now, I am just starting ep 4.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
June 30, 2021 03:49PM
Wrong thread, sorry.

-Nate

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2021 03:53PM by Nate T.