Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Offical MMA & UFC thread.

Posted by Old Spice 
Re: Offical MMA & UFC thread.
August 25, 2018 08:28PM
And Anders gets a brutal Pride-style head kick K.O. as Tim tried to stand up. It looked pretty rough but at least Anders has the composure to walk off after the kick and not make it harder on Tim’s head.
September 08, 2018 06:46PM
Geoff Neal is someone to watch in Welterweight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 06:49PM by Ryan Nafe.
September 08, 2018 07:54PM
Man, the whole event has been pretty brutal so far. Apparently there’s a 115lb. chick who’s done a really effective job of implementing Khabib’s strategy of hardcore wrestling and ground ‘n pound. I was waiting for her to say, “Just give up, I must be champion!”
September 27, 2018 04:43AM
USADA has got to go.
October 02, 2018 08:01AM
I won't watch the fight (because I'm cheap, and I I don't like any of the places that are showing it around me), but this is the first fight that's interested me in a while. I like the way Khabib carries himself. I hate almost everything about Conor. Really hoping Khabib makes a fool out of him, and at the very least is the clear winner.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Always in search of a good choppa'
October 04, 2018 11:15PM
It should be a great fight. I like both guys and their fight game.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp

"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
October 05, 2018 04:16AM
They both box well but Nurmagomedov is much more technical, fight more safely,
on on the ground he dominates in the way I dont even watch it as it is incedibly
boring to see how the other guy gets mangled for minutes and cant escape or do the shit.
I competed in Judo on national/internatioanal level for many years and what Nurmagomedov
does seems to be good enough for judo sportsmen on a wider international level as well.
No surprise these ufc guys cant equal him on the ground as they simply often dont even
know what is he trying to do and how to escape etc.. Also Khabib is much more modest
despite his boring fighting style he has my support. Perhaps its a sport.. anything can happen.
Even if McGregor lose he can say he did so against someone with best record so no shame at all..
And still gets the money grinning smiley

EDIT:
If any result would be known in advance there would be no point to make fights.
Also by mathematical probability the longer Khabib wont lose
the bigger the chance that he will just next time smiling smiley

www.instagram.com/jscuttingtools

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2018 04:20AM by JSCT.
October 05, 2018 05:44AM
If I had to put money on it, I’d bet on Khabib. I think he’s the safer bet. But I think this is not as easy to predict as many people seem to think.
October 05, 2018 12:22PM
Luckily my cousin just came home off Marine Corps active duty earlier this week and he’s having welcome-home/fight night party. Should be a good night.
October 05, 2018 03:19PM
He gonna have all you can eat crayons there?
October 05, 2018 04:35PM
Old Spice
He gonna have all you can eat crayons there?

I can’t tell if that’s an inside joke or if you’re on something that would make the question actually make sense to me. I’m confused. confused smiley
October 05, 2018 05:00PM
Alright I googled “all you can eat crayons” and I get it now spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I might have to bring that up when I see him tomorrow.
October 05, 2018 10:42PM
JSCT,
I like the way Khabib fights. I find it absolutely fascinating, as he is so dominate. Usually, when a world class striker fights a world class wrestler, the wrestler wins, save DC vs Jon 'Bone' Jones (also Anderson Sivia vs Chael Sonnen). I think it is going to be an awesome fight. The only thing that concerns me is if Conor gets tired, as he has had a problem with fading in the past in fights. He can't do that against Khabib, he will eat him alive. Also, I think Conor has been working on his ground game, and has great take down defense, but I am not sure how much of a difference it will make against Khabib, as Khabib is so strong and technical.

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2018 11:23PM by jasonstone20.
October 06, 2018 09:38PM
Come on, Connor! Starch the bastard in the first round!!!
October 06, 2018 09:43PM
Shit I hope Connor wins.
October 07, 2018 12:10AM
Ryan Nafe
Shit I hope Connor wins.

Why? That dude is a jerk.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
October 07, 2018 01:12AM
Apparently Khabib is a jerk too.

Derek Lewis is my new favorite fighter.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
October 07, 2018 04:12AM
Chum
Apparently Khabib is a jerk too.

I haven't seen full coverage yet, just clips that together I think have shown me everything post tap. But, while what Khabib did was impetuous, at least he went out alone. I'd prefer he be the bigger man, but well, Conor and his camp like to run their mouths, and in this case Khabib was willing to play after having put up with a lot...and after whooping Conor pretty solidly by all accounts I've read.

I do have a big problem with his corner dudes jumping a recovering Conor though. That looked really low.

Either way, I'm glad Conor got put down. Effective as it is, I find his arrogant, demeaning type of self-promotion disgusting, and I'm glad his fans who support that don't have a leg to stand on at this point.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

October 07, 2018 04:21AM
Here's some clear footage I just saw of what happened:
[forums.sherdog.com]

Conor tried to go out the ring too and swung at one of Khabib's guys in the process. Then they got into it with him.

I really don't have a problem with most of this. Like I said, it'd be great to see Khabib be more professional, but this is the environment Conor created. He just ran into someone not willing to put up with it.

October 07, 2018 06:38AM
Yeah, I don't think the Russians were humored by the trash talk. Good fight, however, Conor did better than I thought he would have. Khabib is a beast. I would like to see these guys fight 2 more times.

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

--Sal Glesser
October 07, 2018 08:27AM
Chum
Ryan Nafe
Shit I hope Connor wins.

Why?

I just think it’s really interesting to see how far a man can go when he’s almost entirely ego-driven. His level of self-confidence is something that is (I think) extremely hard to find, so I think it’s interesting to see how far that can take a man.
October 07, 2018 09:03AM
Chum

Dude his post-fight interview with Joe was one of the all-time best ones I’ve ever seen. “My balls was hot.” grinning smiley
October 07, 2018 02:43PM
Ryan Nafe
Chum

Dude his post-fight interview with Joe was one of the all-time best ones I’ve ever seen. “My balls was hot.” grinning smiley

Agreed. I'm still chuckling about it.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
October 08, 2018 04:49PM
Ryan Nafe
Chum
Ryan Nafe
Shit I hope Connor wins.

Why?

I just think it’s really interesting to see how far a man can go when he’s almost entirely ego-driven. His level of self-confidence is something that is (I think) extremely hard to find, so I think it’s interesting to see how far that can take a man.

By my personal experience not very far.. not in any real situation enviroment where you actually
need to defend, protect someone as well at the same time etc.. I personally only wait them
trashtalking to me while approaching me and as soon they are close enough wih hands moving
outwards from their body centre (can be even a gesture - the point is while hand is moving
to the side he must stop limb first and make it move different direction) So if you are fast
enough can put him down easily if use the chance in that moment..
(Trashtalking ppl always gesticulate or have hands down - bad for them)

Good for me grinning smiley Always worked - 3wins out of 3fights grinning smiley

Khabib was unprofessional, but I understand him perfectly I also ko-ed those
trashtalking people and never felt bad about it.
He takes it personal. In the end - everything is personal.
And idiotic disrespectful talks just fuel the hatred in radical islamists
against the western society. And maybe the next few "bombers"
will be personally motivated by McGregors trashtalks..
and innocent people who has nothing to do with it die.
Once you are a public person should use the brain before opeing the mouth.

Since 14th century my ancestors defended against arabic invasions
to europe (against osmans, turks..) And in long time term we were more
succesful. We always knew how to fight but havent waste energy
for trashtalking and provoking.

October 09, 2018 09:09AM
Ego isn't necessarily a negative thing. Ego can be quite useful if channeled and harnessed for positive things. When you attack others, have an over inflated ego, and do things being purely ego driven, that can be an issue. Just my opinion.

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

--Sal Glesser
October 09, 2018 10:44AM
jasonstone20
Ego isn't necessarily a negative thing. Ego can be quite useful if channeled and harnessed for positive things. When you attack others, have an over inflated ego, and do things being purely ego driven, that can be an issue. Just my opinion.

Sure, but no mentally healthy person is "purely ego driven" and so I referred only to that case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 10:45AM by JSCT.
October 09, 2018 12:10PM
JSCT,
Exactly.

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

--Sal Glesser
October 11, 2018 05:43PM
The UFC was already going downhill before Zuffa sold it, but whoever’s been at the wheel under the new management has driven the ship right into a reef. At least that’s what it looks like to me.

I can’t handle any more of this money-driven soap opera shit, I want good fights between the best fighters. That’s it.

I’m probably gonna try and tune out of all of it until fight week and just buy the PPV if it looks worthwhile. I can’t feed the monster after claiming to hate it.
October 12, 2018 06:21PM
Bellator. Watch Bellator.
October 12, 2018 09:53PM
Ryan Nafe
Bellator. Watch Bellator.

Yeah I don’t think that’s the solution either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login