Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

flashlights?

Posted by KWB 
Re: flashlights?
January 28, 2017 05:21PM
I have had varied success with flashlights made for a single AAA battery, I used to carry an Arc. It was ok, but not very bright. I carried a ThruNite Titanium for a while. I never liked its twist method of operation. It was gritty from the beginning. It quit working after less than 6 months edc. I currently carry a Fenix LD02 which has clicky tail switch. It has been switched on in my pocket multiple times. The last time, it ran down the battery. I'm still looking. I haven't fount "it" yet.
KWB
January 30, 2017 08:11PM
I carry a peak eiger everyday stainless with ultra head. Twist is not my favorite ui but it works everytime I also have momentary switch on the back. Its 500 lumens and very bice little light.

Contact 570-486-9095
January 31, 2017 01:49PM
Just got for Xmas/Yule a Fenix LD50 1800 lumen. Sucker is bright but a bit big for DEC
March 08, 2017 09:30AM
I'm a little late to the party for this one, but I do love me my lights. tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry for the shameless whoring. Also RIP anyone with a small monitor. Apparently the BBC code typically used to make images non-insane sizes is no es bueno here? IDFK.

*edit*
Links to make life easier:
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 09:33AM by Hunterseeker5.
May 09, 2017 06:32PM
Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics provides a nice overview of the TLR1HL, which is my preferred WML.
[youtu.be]

Though Mike's review of the green laser added version makes me want one.

[youtu.be]
May 10, 2017 03:27PM
chad234
Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics provides a nice overview of the TLR1HL, which is my preferred WML.
[youtu.be]

Though Mike's review of the green laser added version makes me want one.

[youtu.be]

I have the TLR-2 HL G. It is having an issue. I have been slacking and I haven't contacted the company on it yet. Basically the laser has begun to fade out after a few seconds if you also have the light on at the same time. Laser by itself... no issues. Light by itself... no issues. Laser/Light together... Laser fades out.

For all I know it is a battery issue. Haven't checked yet.

The light is incredible. The laser is incredible. While the laser/light combo was working it gives you a big advantage in low or no light areas. My backyard, for instance, is fairly dark. Nothing/nobody can conceal themselves if you have this light mounted to your gun.

I believe that a laser gives you some advantages over iron sights, nights sights and red dots. I still need to play around with red dots, more than I have, but I think my standard for handguns will be a good set of day/night iron sights in combination with a good laser/light.

The Streamlight TLR-6 (laser/light) for the Glock 42 is a perfect combo.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
July 03, 2017 10:53AM
I picked this up a few weeks ago, a Coast G5:

It was about $5-6 USD at my local hardware store. I it just under twice the length of my Streamlight Nanolight, about as bright, but the Coast has a tailcap switch vs the Nano's twist switch.
January 22, 2018 07:59PM
My EDC admin lights remain the Streamlight stylus protac and Tiny Thrunite T3 on my keychain.

For more serious situations, which I hope to never face, I ordered a new EDC tactical light, this one and for the reasons set forth by Mr. Lovell-
[youtu.be]

Also ordered a HLX as recommended by mr. Cowan-
[youtu.be]
January 23, 2018 08:03AM
I find it interesting that the flashlight market doesn't seem to have much support for single-output "tactical" lights. I might pick up something in the surefire line down the road.
January 23, 2018 01:34PM
Agree- I setting- high.

If you need a low level light, carry a smaller one too....
January 30, 2018 12:00PM
I posted the wrong picture. Here is the Coast G5:

[imgur.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 12:09PM by jasonstone20.
KWB
January 31, 2018 06:25AM
I have wanted one of these lights for over quite awhile [www.oveready.com] after savings for the wasp v5 they came out with the above. I kept saving then they came out with a neutral tint and I bought it. Awesome light.

As you can see it is pricey, with that in mind I saved for it a couple dollars a week to see if I could justify the money after all the time spent saving for it.

Contact 570-486-9095
January 31, 2018 08:38AM
I have been watching Massdrop for a while now, probably about a year, and I decided to go for one of their AAA flashlights, copper version:

[www.massdrop.com]

They're made by Lumintop, I went with the CREE version because it was brighter. Have any of you guys tried the previous brass one they made? I have not yet considered carrying a flashlight but it does seem like a useful tool. It'll be interesting to see how much I actually carry and use it.
January 31, 2018 08:42AM
KWB- cool light, but too spendy for me!

Ryan- I’ve seen them on massdrop but never ordered one. I’ve carried streamlights on duty and they held up well. As a civilian now, they are easily durable, bright enough and a great price point.

I did find a holster maker for my 3 OLight mini equipped pistols though....
January 31, 2018 10:28AM
chad234
I did find a holster maker for my 3 OLight mini equipped pistols though....

Who dat?

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
February 01, 2018 06:26AM
February 11, 2018 11:19AM
Here it is:

February 14, 2018 01:32AM
Nice light.
Pairs perfectly with that Al Mar Eagle. The moonlight mode looks like a dribble of light, but that maybe a video bs eye issue...
February 14, 2018 07:18AM
Yeah Chad the moonlight or low mode is something like one or two lumens. It's very weak. But it's actually pretty nice for stuff like just walking around the house or a shed or outside at night, it's bright enough to make it safe and easy to get around, without using a lot of battery or making your eyes have to readjust
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login