Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

flashlights?

Posted by KWB 
Re: flashlights?
January 28, 2017 05:21PM
I have had varied success with flashlights made for a single AAA battery, I used to carry an Arc. It was ok, but not very bright. I carried a ThruNite Titanium for a while. I never liked its twist method of operation. It was gritty from the beginning. It quit working after less than 6 months edc. I currently carry a Fenix LD02 which has clicky tail switch. It has been switched on in my pocket multiple times. The last time, it ran down the battery. I'm still looking. I haven't fount "it" yet.
KWB
January 30, 2017 08:11PM
I carry a peak eiger everyday stainless with ultra head. Twist is not my favorite ui but it works everytime I also have momentary switch on the back. Its 500 lumens and very bice little light.

Contact 570-486-9095
January 31, 2017 01:49PM
Just got for Xmas/Yule a Fenix LD50 1800 lumen. Sucker is bright but a bit big for DEC
March 08, 2017 09:30AM
I'm a little late to the party for this one, but I do love me my lights. tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry for the shameless whoring. Also RIP anyone with a small monitor. Apparently the BBC code typically used to make images non-insane sizes is no es bueno here? IDFK.

*edit*
Links to make life easier:
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 09:33AM by Hunterseeker5.
May 09, 2017 06:32PM
Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics provides a nice overview of the TLR1HL, which is my preferred WML.
[youtu.be]

Though Mike's review of the green laser added version makes me want one.

[youtu.be]
May 10, 2017 03:27PM
chad234
Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics provides a nice overview of the TLR1HL, which is my preferred WML.
[youtu.be]

Though Mike's review of the green laser added version makes me want one.

[youtu.be]

I have the TLR-2 HL G. It is having an issue. I have been slacking and I haven't contacted the company on it yet. Basically the laser has begun to fade out after a few seconds if you also have the light on at the same time. Laser by itself... no issues. Light by itself... no issues. Laser/Light together... Laser fades out.

For all I know it is a battery issue. Haven't checked yet.

The light is incredible. The laser is incredible. While the laser/light combo was working it gives you a big advantage in low or no light areas. My backyard, for instance, is fairly dark. Nothing/nobody can conceal themselves if you have this light mounted to your gun.

I believe that a laser gives you some advantages over iron sights, nights sights and red dots. I still need to play around with red dots, more than I have, but I think my standard for handguns will be a good set of day/night iron sights in combination with a good laser/light.

The Streamlight TLR-6 (laser/light) for the Glock 42 is a perfect combo.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
July 03, 2017 10:53AM
I picked this up a few weeks ago, a Coast G5:

It was about $5-6 USD at my local hardware store. I it just under twice the length of my Streamlight Nanolight, about as bright, but the Coast has a tailcap switch vs the Nano's twist switch.
January 22, 2018 07:59PM
My EDC admin lights remain the Streamlight stylus protac and Tiny Thrunite T3 on my keychain.

For more serious situations, which I hope to never face, I ordered a new EDC tactical light, this one and for the reasons set forth by Mr. Lovell-
[youtu.be]

Also ordered a HLX as recommended by mr. Cowan-
[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login