Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

flashlights?

Posted by KWB 
Re: flashlights?
June 23, 2018 09:08AM
Luis:

From a tactical standpoint, a +600 lumen light will disorient the heck out of someone, particularly if they are drunk or high. More light also means more information, more information means better decisions.

From an everyday perspective, it is sometimes nice to light up an entire room or illuminate somewhere 25-50 yards away.

Camber: Good point. I have been meaning to try the rechargeable CR123A equivalents Surefire is now pushing. CR123As aren’t obscenely expensive but being able to not go through so many is nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill22252 on YouTube. "See you space cowboy"

Resident Emerson Fanboi

Folding knives are fun, fixed blades are important.
June 23, 2018 10:33AM
Bugout Bill

From an everyday perspective, it is sometimes nice to light up an entire room or illuminate somewhere 25-50 yards away.

That reminds me, part of the initial reason I decided to get some 18650 lights is for power outtages. Seems like we lose power here for a day or more once or twice a year due to downed trees and limbs during storms. The Q8 in particular can provide room-filling light for a long time with its 4 cells, though the others are also very useful since I have a family of 5. My charger and charged cells can also function as an extra powerbank for us.

-Nate
June 24, 2018 12:51PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. To be fair, even my little $2 light is over 100 lumen (possibly 200, but doubt it), the cheap chinese AAA game has gotten very good, I was in a darkened woods yesterday and it illuminated decently about 20-25 meters. Not full light (that was only up to like 10), but enough that I wouldn't stumble anywhere. I might look into those higher power ones, but something that can't co-exist with my phone in the same pocket doesn't really get carried.
June 25, 2018 05:38AM
Chad234
I know that feeling well.

Have you tried the very inexpensive Coast light- I keep a few handy.

[www.amazon.com]

I just picked one of these up and am pretty happy with it so far. It approaches the "grail" light for me. An on/off tail-cap switch and no modes. Focuses quite nicely too. I think the only lights I like modes on are headlamp type lights. Thank you.

Nate T:

That reminds me, part of the initial reason I decided to get some 18650 lights is for power outtages. Seems like we lose power here for a day or more once or twice a year due to downed trees and limbs during storms.

I've been thinking of pressing something like this ((maglite rechargable d-cell) in to that service. I don't care for the price but always having a fully charged club, I mean flashlight, at the ready can be a comforting thing.
KWB
June 28, 2018 09:37PM
Luis- peak eiger.

Contact 570-486-9095
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login