Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Computers/Tech

Posted by jasonstone20 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Computers/Tech
April 06, 2017 06:22PM
This is one of the longest running computer TV programs, and it shows how home computers developed through it's existence (1983-2003).
Computer Chronicles:
[archive.org]

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
Re: Computers/Tech
June 19, 2017 01:00PM
This is a neat site that has computer programming challenges in different programming languages:

[www.hackerrank.com]

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
June 26, 2017 04:15PM
Replicas of the first computers:

The Babbage Difference Engine (designed in the 1800's, not built until 1990):
[youtu.be]

The ABC:
[youtu.be]

June 26, 2017 10:32PM
Jason: That is really cool. Really makes you think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill22252 on YouTube. "See you space cowboy"

Resident Emerson Fanboi

Folding knives are fun, fixed blades are important.
July 07, 2017 03:41PM
This is an interesting video I found from a C++ Programmers convention:

[www.youtube.com]

The speaker is talking about how to get embedded systems programmers(the programming that is in computer chips and other hardware, that runs the system) to switch from C to C++. C++ has quite a number of advantages over C and few disadvantages. The speaker even ran a test for an article he wrote in a trade publication, but despite facts that showed C++ to be superior, people found all sorts of arguments to still uses C. Any of this sound familiar? Like Cliff Stamp and the rest of us who use a more empirical and scientific approach to knives? A theme of his talk is "If you are arguing, you are losing" as far as it goes to changing peoples minds or sharing new information.

January 30, 2018 06:49PM
Making the game Snakes & Ladders (I grew up with the Milton Bradley version, Chutes & Ladders) in JavaScript:

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

August 07, 2018 05:30PM
Alt-Tech sites for those tired of the algorithms and censorship on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook:

These sites are strong on free speech, so there is a chance of material that might not fit in a 'safe space'.

Minds

Gab

BitChute

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 05:34PM by jasonstone20.
August 07, 2018 06:58PM
Darknet's the future.
August 07, 2018 07:51PM
If you ain’t decentralizing content distribution, you are doing it wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill22252 on YouTube. "See you space cowboy"

Resident Emerson Fanboi

Folding knives are fun, fixed blades are important.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 08:00PM by Bugout Bill.
October 08, 2018 04:02AM
Life After Google:
[youtu.be]
[www.fourmilab.ch]

Blockchain:
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 04:47AM by jasonstone20.
October 10, 2018 11:38PM
Free, legal access to movies:

[thehackernews.com]

October 20, 2018 05:35PM
Looks like YouTube is shadow banning certain political views:
[youtu.be]

October 21, 2018 07:31AM
jasonstone20
Looks like YouTube is shadow banning certain political views:
[youtu.be]

I think google use soft consorship in way their alogrytms are set to what a certain user
will find and what he/she wont find.. (apart from recording the searches for each user)
Once the info flows throught their servers they would be be stupid not to squeeze
every buck from info.. Some companies sell the info but google is big enough
to do it. They rather expand to new area where they utilize the info they collected
to create an advantage from competitiors.

www.instagram.com/jscuttingtools
October 22, 2018 03:17AM
JSCT,
I think they have been for a while.

DuckDuckGo Search Engine vs Google Search Engine:
[youtu.be]

October 26, 2018 10:12PM
How to limit Google tracking you:
[youtu.be]

December 07, 2018 11:41AM
ProtonMAIL Blog: A Complete Guide To Internet Privacy:
[protonmail.com]

December 10, 2018 08:32PM
Well, somehow I managed to get my YouTube account removed for 12 hours, and then reinstated because I appealed the removal. Google didn't tell me why this happened, but I couldn't comment on or like any videos while my account was removed. This basically takes you off the internet video service, and meant I wouldn't be able to participate in any live streams or anything else, which I really enjoy. Now my livelihood doesn't depend on YouTube, but if this was more than a hobby to me along with my own research on knives, if it did I'd be in real trouble. People are getting banned and de-platformed more often, and you are given very little reason or virtually no recourse to fix the situation.

December 11, 2018 10:07AM
Switch to Linux OS for anything important or private. Mac and Microsoft and are part of PRISM, presumably the operating systems are backdoor'd to hell.
December 11, 2018 02:24PM
Jason,

Bizarre. Of all accounts to get flagged I wouldn't think about yours. I just logged into mine to make sure I haven't been flagged.

OldSpice,

Use any virtual machines? I typically use one on my "work" computer to keep things separate.
December 11, 2018 04:57PM
If the virtual machine is a product of any of the major tech brands its likely compromised by the NSA anyway.

But yeah virtual machines can be very useful when you need to isolate stuff. Especially if you are dealing with anything potential malicious.
December 12, 2018 12:24AM
Old Spice,
Yeah, I am using Linux. I think the problem was that there was another YouTube channel with the same name as mine, so I changed it and my password a few weeks ago.

December 12, 2018 04:13AM
Bryan Lunduke: Andriod vs iOS: Which Spies On You More?

TechBeast: How To Use F-Droid

F-Droid.org

How To Geek: Google's Location History

December 12, 2018 07:38PM
jasonstone20
Well, somehow I managed to get my YouTube account removed for 12 hours, and then reinstated because I appealed the removal. Google didn't tell me why this happened, but I couldn't comment on or like any videos while my account was removed. This basically takes you off the internet video service, and meant I wouldn't be able to participate in any live streams or anything else, which I really enjoy. Now my livelihood doesn't depend on YouTube, but if this was more than a hobby to me along with my own research on knives, if it did I'd be in real trouble. People are getting banned and de-platformed more often, and you are given very little reason or virtually no recourse to fix the situation.

I rememeber as You commented under my last vid and then when I was replying to another comment the next day,
Yours was not there any more and I was wondering why would you delete.. well this didnt come to my mind at all..
And now it is again visible..

December 12, 2018 09:15PM
Alternatives to YouTube

December 12, 2018 09:40PM
20 Awesome Open-Source Andriod Apps

December 20, 2018 04:42AM
Wranglestar on the Patreon bannings/censorship:

[youtu.be]

Do we really need to learn all over again that censorship and monopolies are bad things that ruin peoples lives and put us all in jeopardy?

December 20, 2018 02:30PM
YouTuber Law on PayPal, Patreon and SubscribeStar (Anti-Trust)

December 21, 2018 12:31AM
jasonstone20
Do we really need to learn all over again that censorship and monopolies are bad things that ruin peoples lives and put us all in jeopardy?

Yes, because they repeatedly burned the books and isolated/eliminated knowledgeable individuals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2018 12:33AM by JSCT.
December 21, 2018 02:33AM
JSCT,

Yes, it seems to cycle every couple of generations. That really disappoints me.

January 19, 2019 12:36AM

WrangleStar has a Youtube video demonetized
Good commentary on what is happening with YouTube.