Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goodbye, Cliff Stamp, a man in a billion

Posted by cKc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Goodbye, Cliff Stamp, a man in a billion
August 01, 2021 04:35PM
Scott,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully things will turn around for you.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
sal
August 01, 2021 07:44PM
Sorry to hear that Scott. Findng new purpose is challenging. Good luck.

sal
sal
August 01, 2021 07:50PM
I met Cliff Stamp on Blade Forums and I really enjoyed his tests. He broke one of our knives once and said it was the hardest knife to break he'd ever done. That certainly didn't hurt our reputation. I conversed with him many times in forums and emails. I always learned from him.

When Spark cut him off, I invited him to participate in the Spyderco forum which he did for some time. He was a really great asset to our forum and many there still miss him.

When he began his own forum, I had to follow and I'm still here. Good group here as well. I appreciate you all. He was exceptional and unique. May he rest in peace.

sal
August 02, 2021 07:30PM
i am ok, just been a hard year. cliff was special, he was open to all questions and would try his best to answer all of mine. Just sad to see someone so young pass on.

scott
[www.etsy.com]
August 10, 2021 08:19PM
Due to life and things getting priority over others I only just got the news. Cliff taught me more than anyone else, and not just about knives and sharpening but about attitude towards all factors involved in this hobby and the people involved, and the standards or lack thereof for many manufacturers.

He was a wealth of information

I never met him personally but that doesn’t matter. He will be greatly missed.

I do hope his whole website, and the forum, is archived for posterity.

Hail, Brother!

………………………………………………………………………
[www.youtube.com]
August 10, 2021 08:22PM
Wolfgang,
Come join us on the new forum: [www.beyondt01micron.com]

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
August 10, 2021 08:27PM
I have it bookmarked and will join, Jason.

………………………………………………………………………
[www.youtube.com]
August 16, 2021 11:23PM
The math checks out, a man in a billion.

Rest in peace

____
Thanks
I don't mow smiling smiley
August 17, 2021 10:35PM
ShaperAndMower,
Yes, the math does add up. Cliff was one of a kind, a pillar of the knife community. It will take about 20 years for the knife community to catch up to what he was doing. Please come join us at [www.beyondt01micron.com]

August 20, 2021 10:26PM
I regret never having the opportunity to meet Cliff in person, but despite that, I consider him one of the most influential people in my life, a mentor. His forum posts and youtube videos taught me more about knives than I ever thought I'd want to know. In the end, it wasn't just about knives; it was about science, and it always was. It was about learning, asking questions, and the unending pursuit of knowledge.

Cliff had a way of sparking that childhood curiosity that formal education extinguished for me. His forum always felt like a classroom, a safe haven. Not in the sense that you could hide, but in the sense that it didn't matter what walk of life you came from, what you were wearing, what your demons were. It didn't matter why you were there, and it didn't matter if you agreed with him or not, he treated everyone with respect and held them to the same standard: you had better support your arguments. He was the ultimate proponent of open discussion, and he practiced what he preached the way I've seen few do.

I will miss him deeply, for I consider him my greatest science teacher.

RIP, Cliff Stamp
August 21, 2021 03:17PM
Valorum,
Well said!