Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Future of the Forum

Posted by cKc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cKc
Re: The Future of the Forum
August 01, 2021 03:49PM
I have purchased SSL, and domain and hosting for a 2 year period for this domain, and will setup Phorum over the next day or 2.

beyondt01micron.com

This gives us 2 years paid, to see if we can build something we wish to keep, at which point we can work out how to manage it all.

once it is all activated, i will provide a link so that everyone can create their login accounts.

Please let me know who wishes to take which role in building the forum.
i will create a moderator section for discussion to be had about building the structure of the forum, at which point those who are administrators can start building it up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not Cliff, its Dr Stamp
#kebabstickcut, it's a thing - make it happen
cKc
August 01, 2021 04:02PM
For Exposure, this is the cost, 50% off deal. so everything would be double after 2 years.. possibly.

cKc
August 01, 2021 04:35PM
please login to the new forum here

and contact me. will need volunteers to join as moderators to discuss and form the shape of the forum.

I've paid for it, and turned it on, but i can't create it. I think that requires those that have all their special interests that have been lodged in the wood shed to come up with individual forum ideas to build

August 01, 2021 05:07PM
Alright I created an account there.

I can contribute to its monthly/yearly costs. Moderation will probably be on the light side unless things really get rolling.
cKc
August 01, 2021 05:55PM
Yes. i dont think there will be much need for moderation at all. but a moderation section is setup so that those who are going to be moderators can discuss privately the shape that the forum will take, so the admins can set that up via forum creation etc.

I'm happy to cover this 1st 2 year cost, and lets see where it goes. even though I am the primary admin account. i just dont want to be an overlord admin it will need a group of interested people otherwise it will just be an idle experiment that cost 90$ lol

August 01, 2021 07:11PM
I think you have to approve my account there to start things off.
sal
August 01, 2021 07:41PM
Hi cKc,

Thanx much for your effort.

Can we log on now? I couldn't remember my password and the response said that my email address could not be found? 'Tis a puzzlement. What now?

sal
cKc
August 02, 2021 03:49AM
Hi Sal,

it will be a puzzle to me too. I am not even sure if the email system is working as everyone is set to pending email. I am manually going through them, and i can reset your password and send a PM here

August 03, 2021 12:48AM
To clarify for others attempting to move to the new forum:

Your credentials for this (old) forum won't work, you need to Register again at the new forum.

You then need to wait for the activation email at the address you register with, and once activated, you will be able to log in.

Thanks for this cKc.
August 03, 2021 03:34AM
SecondCrack,
Thank you for the clarification about the steps to join the new forum. If anyone has any issues joining the new forum, send me a PM here or email me
cKc
August 04, 2021 01:07PM
To try and get things started, i have fleshed out a few forums. I would suggest not adding any real content to anything until we finalize things a bit. its just hard to think what is needed when looking at a blank slate.

I have also added a message moderated public feedback section at the top of the forum that anyone can post to with or without an accout to make reccomendations, etc.

August 04, 2021 07:29PM
If you appy to the new forum, check your emails spam folder for the confirmation email. If you are having issues getting on the new forum, text me at 503-753-2744, email me at akjbone20@gmail.com or PM me here.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
August 07, 2021 05:41PM
registered and made it to new forum. confirm message in spam.
scott
August 08, 2021 03:16PM
Scott,
Thank you, I thought that is what was happening.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
August 08, 2021 06:49PM
I made some new forums over on the New Forum:
Firearms
Computers and Tech

August 09, 2021 09:18AM
I received an email from Kyley to go the Mod forum, and it says I cannot enter the Mod side of things.

Kyley sent me a message I cannot read at the moment

No fuss, just confused.
August 09, 2021 06:48PM
Stuart,
Try now, I think I forgot to check a few boxes.

August 10, 2021 06:49PM
The Forum is now just Read Only, in Archive Mode. Posts can still be made here in the Woodshed for one more week, until 8-17-2021. Please join the new forum. If you have any issues joining the new forum, please contact me at akjbone20@gmai.com. Thank you.