Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neels Van den Berg - Forging Videos

Posted by mccullen 
Neels Van den Berg - Forging Videos
May 13, 2017 06:12AM
Neels Van den Berg has been doing a series of how to forging videos on YouTube. If you are interested in learning about forging knives you may find his videos interesting.

Neels Van den Berg
Re: Neels Van den Berg - Forging Videos
May 14, 2017 09:28AM
Thanks for sharing that Jeremy. He does a good job of explaining what he's doing.

Having forged two blades, and one from mild steel at that, I'm impressed with how quick he works. Both mine took me hours longer. In particular I really struggles with forging in the bevels...but I like how he forged them in steep and then went back and worked the ridgeline. I think that's smart.

One of the hardest parts for me too was though that as you get it to shape, and it gets thinner in parts, the heat really goes away more quickly and you have less time to work.

At any rate, I really hope to be able to have a forge some day. It would be a lot of fun.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Always in search of a good choppa'
August 04, 2017 09:33AM
Great video, cheers for the share. I had a lot of fun trying to narrow down what his accent was in between the hammer blows haha
September 12, 2017 10:21PM
fugglesby
Great video, cheers for the share. I had a lot of fun trying to narrow down what his accent was in between the hammer blows haha

South African. Same as me smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login