Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

benchmade 940 10 plus year review

Posted by Joe Calton 
benchmade 940 10 plus year review
January 09, 2017 07:26PM
Hey guys, I don't do knife reviews very often but figured I would do one on the pair of benchmade 940's that I have used for awhile, and I think this is a good place to put it also.

[youtu.be]

Performance above all else!!!
CaltonCutlery.com
CaltonCutlery@yahoo.com
Re: benchmade 940 10 plus year review
January 09, 2017 08:47PM
Joe,
The 940 is my one of my favorite EDC knives...Glad you are getting some use out of yours...I used to use my knives for actual work, but now its mostly opening mail and food packages. If I am lucky, I get to whittle a twig now and then! Take care!

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp

"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
JDW
January 10, 2017 01:37AM
Thanks Joe! interesting to see how your blade held up after all those years.
January 10, 2017 05:25AM
Well done review. Curious on the 154CM, my experience has been great with it in my Griptilian and Manix format.
January 10, 2017 08:25AM
Thanks fellas!

remember the one with the new blade used to look like the other one until benchmade replaced the blade with a new one. otherwise it would have looked like there was more use in both. these blades have seen just about everything from opening mail and trimming my fingernails through scraping gaskets, cutting out old carpet, cutting shingles, and field dressing rabbits through antelope and deer. you know the normal stuff you use a pocketknife for.

marthinus, yes it was surprising about the old 154cm blade, lots of folks seem to really like that steel, but it wasn't very good in that blade. I have a microtech socom that wears a 154cm blade in the chest pocket of my carhart bibs, and it seems to do ok, but it lives in the chest pocket of my carhart bibs and is a work knife, so doesn't usually cut much clean stuff. my edc before the benchmades was a gerber easyout with the ats34 that is supposed to be very close to 154 cm, and it was a good blade, but I think a branch stripped it out of my pocket one day when I was taking a trailer load of branches to the recycling center and I replaced it with the first benhmade. so that old benchmade 154cm blade could have just been a bad blade.
January 10, 2017 09:47PM
Great review, Joe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill22252 on YouTube. "See you space cowboy"

Resident Emerson Fanboi

Folding knives are fun, fixed blades are important.
January 11, 2017 06:44PM
Joe- you bring a lot of credibility and perspective to a review, and that was very good watching.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login