Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Svord Drop point

Posted by stefan_wolf 
Svord Drop point
August 05, 2018 05:58AM

Part of Svord's "Economy" line of knives - 15n20 steel with rough finish and basic mahogany wood handle + brass rivets

Comes with factory convex edge wich with couple of "licks" on the sharpening steel became reasonably sharp.

The blades are dipped in varnish to be protected during storage and shipping from rust.

Easy to clean with lacquer thinner.

Good fitment between the tang and the wooden handle.

Well pressed brass rivets.

Big enough lanyard hole.

Mine came with PVC sheath - nothing fancy but sturdy as hell on first examination.

Specs from the manufacturer:

Length of Blade (inches) 4 3/8
Over All Length (inches) 9 1/2
Blade Shape Drop Point
Handle Material Mahogany
Steel Specifications 15N20 - [www.zknives.com]
Blade Thickness (mm) 2.2mm
Sheath 3mm triple layer PVC with brass rivets and sharpener holder

Handle comfort even with the factory far from rounded edges - good. After some shaping, sanding and oiling - very good.

Best thing for me - thin blade stock of easy to maintain steel + reasonable price.

I sold my Swamp rat's and Scrap yard after using this knife.

I even bought a piece of Becut [zknives.com] steel to commission a faithful copy in a stainless steel flavor.

The well used one I have shown on my channel sever times.

It belong to a friend of mine and have seen rough use in the hands of the Kiwi Bushman (youtube guy from NZ) before gifting it to my friend while shooting "survival" type of show here in Bulgaria.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is GOOD!

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login