Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Schrade SP1 Keychain Lockback 1.5"

Posted by jasonstone20 
Schrade SP1 Keychain Lockback 1.5"
April 11, 2020 08:58AM
My fiancee found this in my apartment buildings give away box. Nice knife. I like knives of this size, I had a small Buck lockback that was this same size, with a 1.5" blade. Great keychain knife.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube
me2
Re: Schrade SP1 Keychain Lockback 1.5"
June 14, 2020 04:34PM
Does it have a good way to attach to the keychain? That's the main downfall of a Victorinox Classic. The little split ring feels like it could go at any time.
June 14, 2020 05:07PM
me2,
It is suppose to have a small key chain attachment on it, but that was broken, so I just attach my key chain to the plastic hole that the original key chain was on. You can see what I mean here:

I guess some came with a small metal key chain and some didn't. I have seen them pictured both ways. The plastic ring is thick enough so it should hold file, I haven't had an issue this whole time.

"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube
me2
June 18, 2020 09:48PM
I had a similar knife from Schrade years ago. It was pretty good and had a nice thin blade with a similar flat grind. It had a lanyard for clipping on a belt loop and a quick detach on the lanyard. It would just hang there and I could push a button and it would detach and I got to the point I could reattach it with one hand. Handy little knives there.
June 19, 2020 06:44AM
Fun, random story. My dad was wiring a residential swimming pool up years ago and was too lazy to find the right breaker and disconnect power. He wasn't sure which wire was hot and tested it with one of these knives. 220 volts arced like a welder and almost blew through the steel....figured out the right wires though. He still has that knife somewhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login