Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter

Posted by Bugout Bill 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter
February 09, 2014 05:30PM
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Cold-Steel-Pendleton-Lite--7318

The economy version of the CS Pendleton Hunter, the Lite model gets the majority of it's online praise due to its price. For $15-20, you have a knife that is essentially disposable. It looks like a very suitable fixed blade for either a non-knife person or someone who wants a cheap fixed blade but doesn't want a mora.

In fact, there might be some advantages over the mora, like:

-better blade geometry for utility tasks (basically anything other than cutting wood)

-better ergos for precision work, due to the choil

-increased user safety due to the integral guard.

In general, it looks like a cheap and effective knife with a cheap and effective sheath.
Re: Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter
December 31, 2014 04:36AM
I purchased one of these this year, and I find it to be a great knife for the price. Looking foreward to getting other knives from the CS economy line.
Re: Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter
March 08, 2015 08:00PM
When I was looking into getting this knife, I ran across this:
Gavkoo's Sharpness Test - Case and Cold Steel:

Most sharpening 'tricks' do take a sharp knife, but they also take practice and technique. Without the technique down, most of the time the don't work.

This knife did get high praise from Field&Stream Magazine a few years ago. I haven't really had a chance to put mine though the paces, but it is pencilled in on the lineup sheet!

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter