Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Herder paring knife back in stock

Posted by chiseen 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Herder paring knife back in stock
March 10, 2015 06:01PM
I got a couple of these based on the reviews from this forum! Can't wait to try it out!

[store.kaufmann-mercantile.com]
Re: Herder paring knife back in stock
March 10, 2015 08:56PM
Glad to hear they are back. I like mine.

On a related note, the euro is down to about $1.07 from 52wk high of around $1.40, making a purchase from Europe much more attractive. Here is one I'd like to have, the K 3:

[www.messer-mit-tradition.de]

-Nate
March 11, 2015 03:17AM
45 NZ dollars? I think not! excluding shipping?
I can make 6 for the same money...out of O1...which I will now do...ah well...
March 11, 2015 01:40PM
The pointed tip vegetable knife is tempting.
March 11, 2015 02:26PM
Stuart Ackerman

Great! I'll take 2 smiling smiley

-Nate
March 11, 2015 05:17PM
Nate T
Stuart Ackerman

Great! I'll take 2 smiling smiley

LOL I did a double take when I saw that... was going to order the half dozenwinking smiley
March 11, 2015 11:08PM
I signed up for an email when they were back in stock. Got the email yesterday. Ordered one forthwith.
March 11, 2015 11:57PM
The website defaults to NZ dollars...what is the US price, anyone?
March 12, 2015 11:08AM
The site shows everything in euros on my phone. For the K3 model above, the price ranges from approx $60-$85 depending on the handle.

Their prices do seem to escalate quickly after the paring knife, but I really like the handle and blade shape on the K3 & K5.

-Nate
Eli
March 12, 2015 04:53PM
Herder's prices have been escalating quickly period. They slept through modernization/globalization and nearly went belly up in the 90s. I am not sure what to think of their leadership. But now they are trying to position themselves as the premium, traditional choice. They lost the old, highly productive masters a while ago due to age. And there seems nobody capable to produce a 10-12 inch chefs knife at any price. (Well, I just noticed hey have added a 9 inch now, so maybe this will come with time. The question remains, will it have the traditional fully tapered nimble grind? And the prices.) I hope they can preserve the Tradition. At least the fall of the Euro should buy them some time.