Talking To Other Knife People ---- Really TALKING!!
January 16, 2020 06:45PM
Over the last year and a half, I have been able to talk to people in the knife community either in person or on the phone. This communication has been invaluable, and I was wanting to suggest that if you can talk to someone about knives, the closer to in person you get, the better you are able to communicate.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
sal
Re: Talking To Other Knife People ---- Really TALKING!!
January 17, 2020 04:58AM
Hi Jason,

I agree. Whenever I get the opportunity to actually talk to a knife afi, so much more gets communicated. Unfortunately, it's harder to do than it might appear.

sal
January 18, 2020 12:02AM
sal,
Yes, it isn't that easy unfortunately. Even at the shows people are working so there isn't always time talk about focused issues.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
sal
February 11, 2020 07:39PM
We usually have some steel junky's at the SHOT show available at the prototype tables. Customers love the opportunity to talk with them and get really valuable insight. This year we had Ed Schempp, Howard Clark, Doc, Phil Wilson and Dr. Mike Blue. What a wealth of information for me as well as many others.

sal
June 27, 2020 10:41PM
I have found that I learn and understand things better when I talk them over with other people, either in a mentor, peer, or student capacity. Whether it is over text, phone, video chat, or talking in person, chatting about knives really helps me understand things.