Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bluntcut Pass Around: Various Steels and Comparisons

Posted by me2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
me2
Bluntcut Pass Around: Various Steels and Comparisons
December 20, 2015 02:53AM
[www.bladeforums.com]

A review of several of BCMW's knives out on loan. So far, so good. Excellent handles.
Re: Bluntcut Pass Around: Various Steels and Comparisons
December 30, 2015 09:01AM
I was hoping for comparison knives, superquenched and not, to the same hardness, with similar geometry. Any updates on your testing?
me2
January 03, 2016 04:55AM
Yes. I updated yesterday. The M2 and 1095 knives vs cardboard and rope don't seem extraordinary, but are solid performers. I'll be doing some cardboard with the cruforge and 52100 blades vs my Carbon V Scalper from Cold Steel.
me2
January 12, 2016 02:07AM
So the pass around is over on BF it seems. Wasn't Ankerson supposed to get them?
January 12, 2016 10:53AM
Yeah, very odd last few posts. I didn't see a summary of your thoughts either me2? Or did I miss it?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Always in search of a good choppa'
me2
January 12, 2016 03:09PM
No. I'll post something tonight.
January 12, 2016 03:16PM
Cool. Thank you. No rush at all. Just always enjoy your thoughts.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

me2
January 12, 2016 05:30PM
I'll say this for the sq 1095 blade. 500 slices on 3/8" rope and it still slices receipt paper no problem. I have some cardboard cutting to finish tonight and I'll send them out.
January 12, 2016 05:48PM
that seems like very good performance

me2
January 13, 2016 02:50AM
Cardboard cutting was not good. The SQ 52100 blade completely outclassed the Scalper, after just 50 cuts. I want to resharpen the Scalper and try again, but I'll have to be sure BC is ok with me keeping the knives through the weekend.
cKc
January 27, 2016 07:14PM
Bladeforums thread closed due to lack of reporting of 8nformation?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not Cliff, its Dr Stamp
#kebabstickcut, it's a thing - make it happen
me2
February 14, 2016 02:33AM
Apparently so. I have not called Bluntcut to get the full story. I just sent the knives back to him rather than pass them on to Ankerson, at Bluntcut's request.

The knives did very well. I tested the 52100 blade against my Cold Steel Scalper, and it left the Scalper behind, though I cannot say for sure it wasn't at least partially a sharpening issue. His knives sharpen to a very sharp edge with minimal effort using just the Norton Economy Coarse/Fine stone.