Queen Q-TAC 1
April 08, 2014 04:19AM
This is an interesting design. The handle, blade shape and weight all look good to me. This is also closer to the dimensional size I'm finding I prefer for edc.

Queen Q-TAC 1
The Queen Q-TAC 1 Small Tactical Lockback is an extremely well crafted, one-hand opening folder with dual thumb stud opening options. It's got beautiful 2-5/8" clip point blade made from durable ATS-34 stainless steel and the handle is smooth ground G10. Weighing in at only 1.5 oz., the Q-TAC 1 Small Tactical Lock Back is an EDC blade in the traditional folding style that is light enough to carry with you at all times. Includes a pocket clip and attached lanyard for extracting the knife from your pocket or gear bag.

Specifications
Blade Length: 2-5/8"
Thickness: 0.112"
Blade Steel: ATS-34 Stainless Steel, 57-59HRC
Closed Length: 3-3/8"
Handle Material: Black G10
Weight: 1.5 oz.
Made in the USA
$106.95 @ Knifecenter.com

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
Re: Queen Q-TAC 1
April 08, 2014 04:47AM
I've looked into that knife, not really sold on the handle shape. Also, an Al Mar Talon can be had for roughly the same price, and is a half ounce lighter, if one really wants to split hairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill22252 on YouTube. "See you space cowboy"

Resident Emerson Fanboi

Folding knives are fun, fixed blades are important.
April 08, 2014 04:55AM
Hmm, now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance to several Al Mar knives.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
April 08, 2014 04:58AM
Jeez, the pocket clip is huge!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resident Emerson Fanboi

cKc
April 08, 2014 09:30AM
Big Clip is probably a good thing. I considered doing the same thing on some folders. the reason being is that it doesn't terminate in a hot zone of your hand, so will be more comfortable to hold

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not Cliff, its Dr Stamp
#kebabstickcut, it's a thing - make it happen
April 08, 2014 03:42PM
Kyley: That's pretty much what I figured. Aesthetically not the nicest, but a good solution nonetheless.

Resident Emerson Fanboi

April 08, 2014 04:16PM
I am more interested in that monstrosity of a thumb stud. Looks like with it on you could not sharpen half the blade.
April 12, 2014 03:47AM
I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so this is subjective and thus utterly worthless, but to me at least that knife is an abomination on multiple levels.

On a more practical level, the top of that clip looks shockingly pointy and uncomfortable, and that thumb stud will reduce your ability to make even shallow cuts in materials near the base of the blade.