Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cold Steel Warranty

Posted by curmudgeon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cold Steel Warranty
October 28, 2016 01:04AM
I recently bought a Cold Steel Recon 1 XL tanto. There was some slop in the lockup. First I contacted Cold Steel through their website asking them to replace the knife. I waited a week and when I did not receive a reply, I mailed the knife to them asking them to replace it. I debated whether or not to send the knife but finally sent it. In reality, the knife locked up better than most lock back knives I own. If it had been another manufacturer, I probably would not have sent it back. But, I have about a dozen other Cold Steel knives with the TRIAD lock that lock up solidly. So I have come to expect that Cold Steel knives with the TRIAD lock will lock up tight.

About 2 weeks later, I received a replacement. It was in worse condition than the first. The blade did not sit down far enouth in the handle when closed. I cut my finger on it. Fortunately, it was not serious. In addition, the DLC coating on the blade was cloudy. It looked like there was corrosion under it. I contacted Cold Steel's customer service department by email and related my story.

A couple of days later, I received an email from them. They apologized for what had happened and promised to send me a new knife. About a week later I received a new knife. It was everything I expected.

Kudos to Cold Steel for taking care of me.
I'm glad I did not give up.
Just a note. I was extremely positive in my communication with them. and they responded in kind.
Re: Cold Steel Warranty
October 28, 2016 01:10AM
It's nice to hear about responsive manufactures, even if it took perseverance on your part. I wish this was the case more often.
October 28, 2016 02:54AM
Dang it now I want to give Cold Steel a shot...
October 28, 2016 02:57AM
Nice.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
October 28, 2016 11:53AM
Nice! Glad things worked out!

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
KWB
October 29, 2016 03:01PM
Cold steel did replace my swift with a recon upon my request. While they dont have an outstanding warranty they do what is required.

Contact 570-486-9095
October 31, 2016 07:46AM
They sent me a clip and thumbplate to replace pieces lost on an old Espada. Planned to pay for them, but they just sent them out. Took a while, but it was a nice gesture.
sal
October 31, 2016 06:04PM
I've known Lynn Thompson for over 20 years. We may not agree on everything, but I have always found him to try to be honorable and to make good quality product.

sal
October 31, 2016 07:17PM
sal
I've known Lynn Thompson for over 20 years. We may not agree on everything, but I have always found him to try to be honorable and to make good quality product.

sal

I don't consider myself a "brand" guy, but Spyderco and Cold Steel have become the knife brands I measure all other knives by.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
October 31, 2016 07:21PM
And on that note I've been waiting for the Spyderco/Cold Steel collaborations forever now.

When are we going to see a Delica with the Tri-Ad lock, or an American Lawman with a Spyderhole made out of H1 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Chumgeyser on Youtube
October 31, 2016 11:46PM
Well there is one knife I want and it is on sale for 40% off...