Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extreme deals on knives

Posted by CliffStamp 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Extreme deals on knives
August 31, 2015 03:48AM
Cliff-
That's disappointing to hear. The amount of work, time, effort, travel, livelihood, ect. you would think that they would be interested to benefit from the way thephysical world.aactually works, not just how you say it does. I wonder if Old Man Moran, Loveless, Scagel and Buck were the same way.

Old Spice-
Cliff already spilled the beans about who the ABS guys are! grinning smiley
November 29, 2015 05:20PM
Come on, Cliff. It is even on sale, there isn't much of an excuse.

[www.bladehq.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill22252 on YouTube. "See you space cowboy"

Resident Emerson Fanboi

Folding knives are fun, fixed blades are important.
December 09, 2015 01:56AM
It's is, after all, "up for any adventure"
December 09, 2015 02:02AM
And Cliff has never broke a Rambo knife.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resident Emerson Fanboi

December 10, 2015 02:59AM
I have to admit that "First Blood" [ [m.imdb.com] ] is one of my favorite movies. I'm a bit ashamed for never having owned a Rambo knife. To the same token, "Tombstone" would likely be my #1 movie and I haven't (yet) owned one of these, or at least something similar: [www.randallknives.com]
December 10, 2015 03:44AM
Ryan Nafe
I have to admit that "First Blood" [ [m.imdb.com] ] is one of my favorite movies. I'm a bit ashamed for never having owned a Rambo knife. To the same token, "Tombstone" would likely be my #1 movie and I haven't (yet) owned one of these, or at least something similar: [www.randallknives.com]

Those are two of my favorites... especially Tombstone. Val Should have gotten the best actor award for that one.

Chumgeyser on Youtube
E-nep throwing Brotherhood. Charter Member
December 10, 2015 07:26PM
Ryan Nafe

You could probably learn to make knives just as nice as the Randall ones in the time it takes for them to fill an order.

Val sure didn't need an Oscar, his out of control ego was destroying his career.
December 10, 2015 09:58PM
Agree on his excellent performance of Doc Holiday. I have long admired the San Fransisco Bowie from Idaho Knife Works:
[www.idahoknifeworks.com]
December 11, 2015 01:56AM
Good call Chad. I always wanted a Cliff knife.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Always in search of a good choppa'
December 11, 2015 02:30PM
The SF Bowie is one of my favorites also. I favor clip points just as much as I favor drop points, so a drop point with a swedge is heaven to me. And coffin shaped handles rock!

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
December 11, 2015 09:55PM
Some people believe that only a clip point Bowie can be called a Bowie. I was scolded by a YouTube viewer who watched a video I posted where I call a drop point style Bowie with an unsharpened swede a Bowie. He told me that I was only confusing people and that a Bowie had to have a clip point.
December 11, 2015 10:34PM
Some people are special to say the least.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Always in search of a good choppa'
December 11, 2015 11:56PM
Jeremy-
What about a Sheffield Bowie? Where in the world do people come up with this nonsense? Isn't the reason you put another name in front of 'Bowie' is to distinguish it from the standard notion of a 'Bowie'? Also, some historic researchers have shown, not sure if it's true, but the shape we associate with a standard 'Bowie', ie the clip point, isn't what Bowie actually carried, or what his brother actually made him.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
December 12, 2015 05:28AM
Bowie:

Resident Emerson Fanboi

December 13, 2015 02:30AM
I am planning on getting one of those OH Slicers, I have the small paring and the 7" Butchers.

December 13, 2015 02:46AM
Jason: They aren't bad for the price, but they will take some work it get in proper working order. My particular example really came with no edge to speak of, requiring several sharpenings to establish a decent edge. Other than that, you have a rustic kitchen knife or a nice knife blank for $10.

Resident Emerson Fanboi

December 13, 2015 05:29AM
Yeah, I had to do the same thing.

February 16, 2016 01:45AM
Whole mess of stuff on knifecenter:

[www2.knifecenter.com]

$17 cold steel tuff lite

[www2.knifecenter.com]

$74 Meyerco DDR Auto

Resident Emerson Fanboi

August 22, 2016 04:01PM
Wicked Edge Sharper on MassDrop for $239.00 + $9 s&h:
[www.massdrop.com]

December 17, 2016 03:43PM
Not sure how long it will last, but Amazon has the Spyderco Puukko on sale for $59.99, with sheath. One of the deepest discounts I've seen on a Spydie, 75% off msrp.

-Nate
December 17, 2016 05:09PM
...aaaaand gone. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

-Nate
January 03, 2017 12:57AM
[www.cabelas.com]

I picked up one of these at a Cabela's store the other day due to the price and the knife's proximity to the other store department that I actually needed some things from. Seems like a decent knife, but the recurve will be a bit problematic to change edge angles on. I'm considering grinding down the edge near the handle to remove the recurve, it wouldn't take much. I just have to draw lines on the steel so I don't overdo it. The sheath is adequate but seems a little flimsy. I also got rid of one of the choils, I ground it down with the Worksharp:

May 16, 2017 04:46PM
Terävä Jääkäripuukko 110, carbon steel, w/ leather sheath

These are back in stock and can go quite fast.

I got the plastic liner one and got a cheap leather sheath from amazon, though I wanted the nice leather one they offered.

[www.varusteleka.com]
May 16, 2017 11:34PM
Very thick grind on those puppies. They feel nice, but don't cut so great. Big secondary bevel on them, too.
March 23, 2018 11:07PM
Extreme deals on abrasives at Supergrit right now.

New Close-out Brochure

-Nate