Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blade Magazine -- Knife History -- Why Switchblades Are Illegal

Posted by jasonstone20 
Blade Magazine -- Knife History -- Why Switchblades Are Illegal
June 04, 2020 03:27PM
[blademag.com]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2020 04:44PM by jasonstone20.
me2
Re: Blade Magazine -- Knife History -- Why Switchblades Are Illegal
June 04, 2020 04:33PM
Link broken.
June 04, 2020 04:44PM
me2,
Thank you. Try it now, it should work.

"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube
June 05, 2020 07:16AM
Interesting article. I was told, yeah I know this isn't remotely authoritative, by an old guy that cheap switchblades were so common after world war II that boy scouts would carry them. They were cheap enough that parents didn't mind the cost vs an actual scout knife. Italian/mexican stuff was terrible and and german autos were really sought after.

He further stated that the reason for the bans was to give police to be able to detain any gang-related youth. Similar arguments are made when one look at other knife bans. They seem to coincide with knives carried by unwanted ethnic groups quite a bit...or so the argument goes.

Ragnar Benson gives some fun background on switchblades.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login