Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Metal Complex -- The Three Core Types Of Knife People: Users, Collectors, and Enthusiasts

Posted by jasonstone20 
Metal Complex -- The Three Core Types Of Knife People: Users, Collectors, and Enthusiasts
June 25, 2020 01:14PM
[www.youtube.com]

I remember sometime ago probably in the early 2000's, there was an article in a knife magazine, that talked about the new type of knife person:
the user/collector. They would buy a knife, use and carry it until they got a new knife. Then they would take the knife they were carrying and put it away in there collection. Or, they would buy two of the same knife, one a plain blade with no serrations or blade coatings, for collecting, and one for use, that had a blade coating and partial serrations.

I think that you could add a few other types of knife people also, sharpeners, modifiers, testers and makers. Some of these will overlap for one person.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube
jasonstone20
I think that you could add a few other types of knife people also, sharpeners, modifiers, testers and makers. Some of these will overlap for one

Sharpener=Enthusiast
Modifier=Maker/Enthusiast
Testers=???
makers=Gods

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not Cliff, its Dr Stamp
#kebabstickcut, it's a thing - make it happen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login