Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AG Russell Knife Sharpening Series

Posted by jasonstone20 
AG Russell Knife Sharpening Series
August 10, 2016 11:56AM
First two videos of AG Russell's ideas on knife sharpening and sharpening stones:

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Anyone that likes using Arkansas stones is good in my book, and AG Russell's a legend!

I can't wait to see the whole thing....the SiC stone not working for modern stones is intriguing, maybe he is talking about finishing with the SiC hone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp

"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StoneSharpEdges

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 12:01PM by jasonstone20.
cKc
Re: AG Russell Knife Sharpening Series
August 11, 2016 12:27AM
That Fish eye lens was making me dizzy. couldn't watch

----------------------------------------------------------------------
[data.gearbastion.com]
KnivesAndStuff (YoutTube)
August 11, 2016 05:49AM
I didn't even notice that....

--Shawn Houston

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges
cKc
August 11, 2016 09:11PM
LoL.. lucky you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
[data.gearbastion.com]
KnivesAndStuff (YoutTube)
August 11, 2016 10:05PM
cKc,
I watched it on my phone, that's probably why.

--Shawn Houston

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges
May 14, 2018 03:10PM
The whole series:
[agrussell.com]

--Shawn Houston

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2018 03:12PM by jasonstone20.
RFL
May 15, 2018 11:22AM
Unfortunately, those videos are poor quality. Most of what is stated as practical information is either inaccurate or wrong. As an introduction to sharpening, most of the general statements made would cause much confusion for a first time viewer.
May 18, 2018 04:59PM
RFL
Unfortunately, those videos are poor quality. Most of what is stated as practical information is either inaccurate or wrong. As an introduction to sharpening, most of the general statements made would cause much confusion for a first time viewer.

In general, try to be specific. I don't mind disagreement, encourage it even, but say what is the issue.
July 31, 2018 08:02AM
Video:
Diamond Stick Sharpener by AG Russel:
[youtu.be]

--Shawn Houston

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login