Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Free Hand vs. Jig?

Posted by Chum 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cKc
Re: Free Hand vs. Jig?
September 25, 2016 01:32AM
Eee, are you saying you'd like his knife less if he didn't specify that a wicked edge was used to sharpen the bevel?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not Cliff, its Dr Stamp
#kebabstickcut, it's a thing - make it happen
Eee
Re: Free Hand vs. Jig?
October 13, 2016 07:50PM
cKc
Eee, are you saying you'd like his knife less if he didn't specify that a wicked edge was used to sharpen the bevel?

Sorry about the delay in replying Kyley, I've been off-line for a while.

Personally, I'd say it's irrelevant to me. I tend to want edge angles under 15 d.p.s. which I understand is the lower limit of the wicked edge and I rarely take the time to put a high grit edge on a knife, so I'd assume I'd be resharpening reasonably soon. I'd also say I may not be a typical customer in that respect. One positive would be that a wicked edge may remove damaged steel in comparison with dry grinding and buffing.

I think the original question was asking whether it had any commercial value. I'm saying I think it is part of the package he offers which has all contributed to his success (he is notable in how quickly he has grown his business). Those shiny edges have some impact.