Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DMT Customer Service

Posted by jasonstone20 
DMT Customer Service
March 28, 2018 11:13AM
Recently, I noticed that I was losing abrasive on the C/F DMT Diafold that came with my DMT Aligner Kit. Yesterday I sent them this E-Mail:

DMT | Acme United Corporation
Tel: (508) 281-1747 x 747 Fax: (508) 485-3924

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:34 PM
To: CC
Subject:

Entry Date: 2018-03-27 03:33 PM
Name: Jason D. Stone
Company: SSEK/Stone Enterprises
Email Address: jasonstone20@yahoo.com

I bought a DMT Diafold Aligner Sharpening Kit about a year ago and the Blue side of the C/F Diafold has lost almost half of is abrasive, and it feels like I am sharpening just on the metal because it slides until it hits the abrasive that remains, at the halfway point down to the handle. I have had other C/Blue DMT sharpeners and haven't had this problem. Feel free to contact me at my email.

This morning, when I checked my E-Mail, this was in the Inbox:

Hello Jason:

I am sorry to hear that there is a problem with the sharpener.

We have placed an order for a replacement for you.

They manufacture the replacements upon order so there is a lead-time. Right now I am not sure how long it will be, but we will ship it out to you as soon as it is ready. Once it is shipped you will receive an email with a tracking number.

Thank you very much.

Cathie O’Donnell
Customer Care

I don't think there is that much more you can ask from a company's Customer Service Department.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp

"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
RFL
Re: DMT Customer Service
March 28, 2018 12:20PM
Very good CS response from DMT. I always heard that they treated complaints well. Of course, most of their products are not cheap.
March 28, 2018 01:34PM
RFL,
This is the first time I have had any issues with any of their products. I usually use DMT or EZE-LAP for my nicer diamond products. Both have been bulletproof for me for 10-15 years if not more.

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
JDW
March 29, 2018 12:16AM
That is good customer support!
May 29, 2018 01:25PM
I just got the replacement sharpener, and they also gave me a small keychain sharpener also.

--Cliff Stamp

--Roman Landes

--Sal Glesser
May 30, 2018 03:36AM
That's nice of them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Always in search of a good choppa'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login