Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eater you-tube channel best knife sharpener

Posted by oldsailorsknives 
Eater you-tube channel best knife sharpener
April 26, 2019 08:14AM
You gotta watch this one guys [www.youtube.com] Chelsea Miller, famous for her $800 horse file kitchen knives, shows off the 'best' sharpeners. Why spend hours with multiple stones when a couple of passes thru an electric sharpener does it all.
scott

scott
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Eater you-tube channel best knife sharpener
April 27, 2019 06:32AM
Scott,
I doesn't take that much to sharpen freehand. Once you understand the basics, there is nothing to it but to do it. You can get a nice pair of stones for what those machines cost, and get a way better edge, plus not grind away your knife.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp

"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
April 28, 2019 03:55PM
I just got a kick out of the video. Chelsea Miller has become a 'celebrity' knife maker and as such a sharpening expert. No mention of stones made at all.
scott

scott
[www.etsy.com]
April 29, 2019 03:53AM
To be fair Scott I think that the whole point of the video was to exclusively look at electric sharpeners, specifically for people who for one reason or another do not want to use stones. And we can talk until the cows come home about how actually easy and fast sharpening with a stone is, BMW makes faster factory bikes than Harley Davidson, that's not going to sway someone who wants a Harley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login