Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jende Industries Guided Sharpener For Knives -- JIGS System

Posted by jasonstone20 
Jende Industries Guided Sharpener For Knives -- JIGS System
July 29, 2019 06:42PM
This looks rather interesting:
[www.youtube.com]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube
Re: Jende Industries Guided Sharpener For Knives -- JIGS System
September 18, 2019 09:23PM
[www.youtube.com]

--Shawn Houston
__
--Cliff Stamp
__
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

January 10, 2020 11:55AM
As I am reading this forum I see that a lot of your posts receive no replies. I want to let you know I appreciate them nevertheless.
January 10, 2020 10:20PM
Mr. Wizard
I appreciate it, thank you!

--Shawn Houston
__
--Cliff Stamp
__
--Roman Landes
__
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

sal
January 11, 2020 01:47PM
Hi Jason,

I'm with the Wizard on this. I always appreciate the info, but don't always comment.

The sharpener is interesting. A whole lot ow work went into its development for sure.

sal
January 12, 2020 07:04AM
Sal,
Thank you also. I do keep track of how many views a post gets vs comments, so I can tell that people have seen a post even though no one may have commented. The knife part of the forum will pick up again whenever Cliff starts participating again. It's been a few years with sparse posts from Cliff, so I have settled into a routine without him contributing regularly. I do miss Cliff, and the forum when Cliff not only participates, but posts his work here for discussion. Most of the regular posters are still here, they are just talking about firearms in the Wood Shed part of the forum. and if they aren't there, they are lurking.

edit:
PS. If you look at my signature, that quote from Cliff is an actual quote Cliff made when he was investigating Powder Metal Steels, but I put it there as a pun to his being on to doing other things now.

--Shawn Houston
__
--Cliff Stamp
__
--Roman Landes
__
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 07:11AM by jasonstone20.
May 17, 2020 10:32AM
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

--Shawn Houston
__
--Cliff Stamp
__
--Roman Landes
__
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

me2
May 18, 2020 07:30PM
I'm still working with my 3 degree back bevel and Sharpmaker microbevels, but I am intrigued by guided sharpeners now. While my little try would require quite a bit of refinement for me to be content with it, I am confident the already available systems can give the results I'd like with considerably less frustration and more control than my current guide blocks and Sharpmaker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login