Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Make Your Knife Ugly So It Will Cut Pretty

Posted by jasonstone20 
Make Your Knife Ugly So It Will Cut Pretty
November 06, 2019 09:02PM
[www.youtube.com]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube
Re: Make Your Knife Ugly So It Will Cut Pretty
November 23, 2019 04:50PM
I was almost “offended” when he said that “no one uses this method” as those of us here know this is simply not true.

Many have been advocating this for years but aside from those who can think for themselves it’s fallen on deaf ears.

I learnt this from Cliff’s videos and I’ve been doing it for years. Granted, Cliff’s method is far better (Plateau) and gives longevity to the steel but the basics of thinning the blade are the same.

………………………………………………………………………
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2019 04:51PM by Wolfgang.
Re: Make Your Knife Ugly So It Will Cut Pretty
November 23, 2019 08:09PM
Wolfgang,
I agree completely! smileys with beer

"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston
__
"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp
__
"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes
__
"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
StoneSharpEdges

Jason D. Stone on YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login