Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Test Of Knife Sharpening Devices

Posted by jasonstone20 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Test Of Knife Sharpening Devices
April 21, 2020 02:10AM
[www.youtube.com]

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
"Life is GOOD", -- Stefan_Wolf, May His Memory Be A Blessing
WordPress YouTube Facebook Patreon Locals Instagram Twitter
cKc
Re: Test Of Knife Sharpening Devices
April 21, 2020 07:47AM
My Takeaway from this is get a whetstone. as he admits his skill is not good.. then it will only possibly improve.. best value option.. the wicked edge.. look how many extra steps, and effort had to be done.

my thought on the spyderco is using the sharp corners of the rods to scrape clean like the cheap rada will do much more damage with pinpoint pressure on each side unsupported.. it could be folding the steel back and forward on the apex heaviliy causing steel fatigue where the cheap rada rips it off both sides in a supported way.. even after cleaning up, the steel was probably too weak.. this could be attributed to his technique, but most people buying these things are going to have poor technique, or they'd just but a stone.

i think rather than reccomending using the sharp corners of the ceramics, it would be better to just include a coarse stone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not Cliff, its Dr Stamp
#kebabstickcut, it's a thing - make it happen
April 21, 2020 02:56PM
Kyley,
I agree. I think the Sharpmaker really isn't complete without the Diamond/CBN rods and the UF rods anyway. Freehand is definitely the way to go if you ask me.

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage." -- Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing
April 24, 2020 12:03AM
[forum.spyderco.com]